Infinite Consulting Corp. (Infinite) was retained by the MTA to provide an on-site Cost Estimator to assist in the development of cost estimates for a diverse set of capital projects, such as ADA accessibility to existing stations, Communication Based Train Control, Rehabilitation of the Rutgers Tube, Penn Station LIRR Train Hall Renovation among other projects. The estimator’s responsibilities included:
- Providing management oversight in the development, review, and maintenance of project estimates.
- Assisting with review, support, and defense of claims.
- Participating in contractor negotiations, preparing all reports for cost estimating, and performing cost comparison analyses between in-house estimates and contractor estimates.
- Providing interfacing input with several MTA and external agencies, including PANYNJ, the Federal Transit Authority, and their Project Management Oversight Consultant.
- Ensuring all estimating information in Primavera (P6) per the system requirements.
- Providing management oversight in the development and maintenance of project-specific design, permitting, right-of-way, and other miscellaneous estimates.
- Reviewing and providing recommendations in the development of the project work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Providing review and oversight in the utilization of historical data, such as performance experience, for use in forecasting a realistic basis for future planning and forecasting.
- Performing quality control review of program reporting including weekly report updates, monthly confidence reports, and quarterly risk and performance reports.